As GO Federal Credit Union completes its Home Banking upgrade, you will need to modify your Quicken settings to ensure a smooth transition of your data. To complete these instructions, you will need your GO Federal Credit Union Home Banking Access ID and password. Quicken may still show Dallas Telco for your existing connection rather than the new name. Whichever name you use, we will refer to the one that exists already as the "Old GOFCU" system and the new connection you will be establishing as the "New GOFCU" system.
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your service may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
NOTE: This update is time sensitive and can be completed on or after April 28, 2014.
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
1. Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Backing Up Your Data and follow the instructions.
2. Download the latest Quicken Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Checking for Updates to Quicken and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Connect to your Old GO FCU setup
1. Log in to your Old GO FCU web site at www.netteller.com/gofcu. Download your transactions into Quicken.
2. Once the transactions are downloaded, accept all transactions into your Quicken account register.
3. Repeat this step for each account (such as checking, savings, credit cards, and brokerage) that you use for online banking or investing.
Task 3: Deactivate Your Account(s) in the old GO FCU system
1. Choose Tools menu > Account List.
2. Click the Edit or Edit Details button of the account you want to deactivate.
3. In the Account Details dialog, click on the Online Services tab.
4. Click Deactivate or Remove from One Step Update. Follow the prompts to confirm the deactivation.
5. NOTE: The name of the buttons referenced above may vary depending on the services and the version of Quicken you are using.
6. Click on the General or General Information tab. Remove the Account Number.
7. Remove the name of the Financial Institution. Click OK to close the window.
8. Repeat steps 2–6 for each account in the Old GOFCU system.
Task 4: Re-activate Your Account(s) at the new GO FCU system
1. Log in to the new GOFCU system web site at hb.mygofcu.org.
2. Download and import your transactions to Quicken.
3. Ensure you associate the account to the appropriate account already listed in Quicken. You will want to select Link to an existing account or Use an Existing Quicken account and select the matching account in the drop-down menu.
4. IMPORTANT: Do NOT select Create a new account or Create a new Quicken account. If you are presented with accounts you do not want to track in this data file, select Ignore – Don’t Download into Quicken or click the Cancel button.
5. Repeat steps 2 – 3 for all of your accounts
Have questions? We’re happy to assist you. Give us a call at 214.742.6551.