Quicken for Windows Using Express Web Connect
As GO Federal Credit Union completes its Home Banking upgrade, you will need to modify your Quicken settings to ensure a smooth transition of your data. To complete these instructions, you will need your GO Federal Credit Union Home Banking Access ID and password. Quicken may still show Dallas Telco for your existing connection rather than the new name. Whichever name you use, we will refer to the one that exists already as the "Old GOFCU" system and the new connection you will be establishing as the "New GOFCU" system.
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your service may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
NOTE: This update is time sensitive and can be completed on or after April 28, 2014.
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
1. Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > Quicken Help. Search for Backup Data File and follow the instructions.
2. Download the latest Quicken Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > Quicken Help. Search for Update Software and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Connect to your Old GOFCU setup
1. Choose Tools menu > One Step Update.
2. Depending on how you manage financial institution passwords, you may be prompted to enter your Vault password at this time or to enter individual passwords in the One Step Update dialog.
3. In the One Step Update Settings dialog, make sure all items are checked and click Update Now.
4. If new transactions display in the Online Update Summary, accept them in your Quicken account register.
Task 3: Deactivate your account(s) at your Old GOFCU setup
1. Choose Tools menu > Account List.
2. Click the Edit or Edit Details button of the account you want to deactivate.
3. In the Account Details dialog, click on the Online Services tab.
4. Click Deactivate or Remove from One Step Update. Follow the prompts to confirm the deactivation.
5. NOTE: The name of the buttons referenced above may vary depending on the services you currently use and the version of Quicken you are using.
6. Click on the General or General Information tab. Remove the Account Number.
7. Remove the name of the Financial Institution. Click OK to close the window.
8. Repeat steps 2—6 for each account at your Old GOFCU Setup.
Task 4: Re-activate Your Account(s) at the New GOFCU system
1. Open the account register that you want to enable for online account access.
2. Choose Account Actions menu > Set Up Online.
3. Enter the New GOFCU system and click Next.
4. Type your User ID and Password. Click Connect.
5. NOTE: You may be presented with a security question from your Financial Institutions prior to receiving your accounts.
6. Ensure you associate the account to the appropriate account already listed in Quicken. You will want to select Link or Exists in Quicken and select the matching accounts in the drop-down menu.
7. IMPORTANT: Do NOT select New or Add In Quicken. If you are presented with accounts you do not want to track in this data file, select Ignore – Don’t Download into Quicken.
8. After all accounts have been matched, click Next.
9. You will receive confirmation that your account(s) have been added.
10. Click Done or Finish.
Have questions? We’re happy to assist you. Give us a call at 214.742.6551.