As GO Federal Credit Union completes its Home Banking upgrade, you will need to modify your Quicken settings to ensure a smooth transition of your data. To complete these instructions, you will need your GO Federal Credit Union Home Banking Access ID and password. Quicken may still show Dallas Telco for your existing connection rather than the new name. Whichever name you use, we will refer to the one that exists already as the "Old GOFCU" system and the new connection you will be establishing as the "New GOFCU" system.
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your service may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
NOTE: This update is time sensitive and can be completed on or after April 28, 2014.
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
1. Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Backing Up, select “Backing Up Your Data,” and follow the instructions.
2. Download the latest Quicken Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Updates, select “Checking for Updates to Quicken,” and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Connect to your Old GOFCU setup
1. Choose Online menu > Download Transactions.
2. Select your account from the drop-down list.
3. Click Download to access your Old GOFCU website at www.netteller.com/mygofcu.
4. Enter your login credentials to the GOFCU web site. Download your transactions through 04/28/2014 into Quicken.
5. Repeat the download process for each account you have at [Financial Institution A] (such as checking, savings, credit cards and brokerage).
6. Once all accounts have been downloaded, accept all transactions into your Quicken account registers.
Task 3: Deactivate Your Account(s) At the Old GOFCU site
1. Choose Lists menu > Accounts.
2. Select the account that you want to disable and click Edit.
3. In the Download Transactions drop-down list, select Not Enabled. Follow the prompts to confirm the deactivation.
4. Remove the information within the Account Number and Routing Number fields.
5. Click OK to save your edits.
6. Repeat steps 2 – 5 for each account at the old GOFCU site.
7. Verify that your account list does not display a blue online circle icon for any accounts at the old GOFCU site.
Task 4: Re-activate Your Account(s) at the new GOFCU site
1. Log into the new GOFCU website at https://hb.mygofcu.org.
2. Download and import your transactions to Quicken.
3. Click the Use an existing account radio button.
4. Select the corresponding existing Quicken account in the drop-down list and click OK.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 for all accounts for the New GOFCU site.
6. Choose Lists menu > Accounts. Verify that each account at the new GOFCU site has a blue online circle indicating that it has been reactivated for online services.
Have questions? We’re happy to assist you. Give us a call at 214.742.6551.