Kasasa Protect™ is an affordable way to get around-the-clock protection against fraud and identity theft. As a primary Kasasa® Checking accountholder, you will receive a reduced rate of $7.99 per month ($12.99 per month for primary non-Kasasa accountholders), and you can cover your joint accountholder for an additional $4.00 per month.
- 24/7 credit monitoring
- Access annual credit reports
- Monthly credit score and 12-month tracker
- Dark web monitoring
- Lost wallet protection
- Identity restoration
Kasasa Protect's monthly service fee is automatically drafted from your checking account. For complete details, review the Kasasa Protect Disclosure and Terms & Conditions.
Reporting Identity Theft
If you have experienced identity theft or fraud affecting any of your GO accounts, please contact us at 214.742.6551. At this time, we may recommend that your account(s) be closed to prevent any further fraudulent activity. We’ll also help you open a new account.
In accordance with state laws, we ask that you provide us with the following paperwork:
- This Sworn Statement of Identity Theft form, printed out and completed, stating that you are a victim of fraud or identity theft. The statement must include written authorization granting GO Federal Credit Union permission to submit the necessary information to the State of Texas. If you cannot print out this form, please call us at 214.742.6551 to request a mailed form or visit your nearest GO branch.
- A copy of the police report
Please bring the above paperwork to a GO branch. One of our notaries will assist you in getting your form notarized, which is a requirement. If we have not already done so, we will close your affected account upon receipt of your paperwork.
If you have any questions, contact us at 214.742.6551. We know how stressful this process can be and we’re here to guide you through each step and get you back on track.
Debit or Credit Card Fraud
Due to fraud originating from this area, we have blocked debit card transactions from most Eastern European countries. If you plan to travel to Eastern Europe, please contact us at 214.742.6551 to authorize us to permit transactions from this area. In fact, it's always a good idea to notify us when you travel so that our account monitoring services don’t flag the transactions you make as suspicious and cause an interruption in use.
To reduce losses, as of September 2011, GO FCU elected to block signature-based transactions greater than $250 at merchants such as Walmart, Target, Costco and Sam's. If you experience any difficulty in completing a signature-based transaction, remember you can use your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to complete the transaction. This block will remain in effect until further notice. Thank you for your patience.
Please click here for an additional publication that explains how to minimize plastic card fraud.
Tips for Protecting Yourself From Fraud
- Do NOT access the GO website by clicking on a link provided in an email. You could be falling prey to a phishing scam. Avoid the risk and only visit the site by typing http://www.mygofcu.com into your browser address bar instead.
- Do NOT send sensitive financial or personal information such as account numbers, social security numbers, PINs, etc. in text messages or emails. If your phone or computer is ever stolen or lost, this information could be easily accessed. Hackers also pose a threat.
- Do NOT provide account information over the phone unless you initiate the transaction.
- NEVER disclose your passwords to others.
- Check your credit report often to make sure there is nothing unusual on your account. Every American is entitled to one free credit report per year through each of the three major credit bureaus – Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. Go to www.ftc.gov/credit to learn more.