How GOFCU is Responding to Concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
July 3, 2020
A statewide Executive Order was issued by the Governor of the State of Texas, Greg Abbott, calling on all individuals to wear face coverings inside a commercial entity or space open to the public. As a result of the Executive Order, we are asking any vistors to our Central branch to please wear a face maks while in the building common areas (hallways, restrooms, etc.) to protect yourself and others around you. We appreciate your assistance during this time period.
June 1, 2020
Our lobbies are open. Our top priority remains the safety of our employees and that of our members as we provide a secure environment for all.
- Schedule an appointment for member services, new accounts, or loan closings. Teller transactions do not require an appointment.
- Please maintain the recommended 6-foot physical distancing between you and others in the branch.
- Floor markers have been placed to help us be mindful of this. We will also limit the number of members in the branch at any one time to reduce crowding.
- Clear dividers between our employees and members at the teller line and member services desks, to help keep you safe when the 6-foot physical distancing is not possible.
WE'RE HERE FOR YOU. If you're not ready for the lobby yet, that 's OK! You can still manage your account virtually! Our website and mobile app provide 24/7 access for many of the banking service you find at our branches. These banking options are free to GOFCU members. You can manage your account needs with the GOFCU mobile app, at mygofcu.org and through live chat.
- View your transactions and balances
- Transfer loan payments
- Open an account
- Apply for a loan
- Transfer funds
- Deposit checks
- Pay bills
Keep in mind, the night drop at both or our branch locations, the drive-thru service at the Lancaster branch and our member service line at 214-742-6551 are available to for your banking needs as well.
We will see you when you are ready!
April 22, 2020
Apply for an SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan
You may be eligible for a loan under the Small Business Administration's (SBA) new Paycheck Protection Program. This program is designed to provide small businesses access to funds you may need to continue paying your employees and operating your business.
SBA PPP Funding Timeline: We anticipate additional funds will be allocated to the program as soon as April 23rd. When we receive clear direction from the SBA and Treasury that additional funds have become available, we will proceed with applications.
Please apply with the link below for your request to be sent to our Lending Team. We will contact you with updates and further information. Thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate these complex and unprecedented circumstances.
Who should apply?
- Sole proprietor and independent contractors
- Any business with 500 or fewer employees
- Any non-profit organizations or veteran's organization
- Special affiliation waivers for businesses in the hospitality and dining industries, franchisees holding a franchise listed on the SBA's registry of approved franchise agreements, or any business that receives assistance from a company licensed under a specific portion of the Small Business Investment Act
For more information about eligibility, click here.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Relief Homepage
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce - Coronavirus Emergency Loan Guide and Checklist
- Payroll Protection Program Borrower Information Fact Sheet
- Payroll Protection Program Overview
Subject to credit approval and program guidelines.
March 12, 2020
GOFCU has been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and we want to assure you that GOFCU is prepared for a wide range of possible scenarios – focusing on the health and safety of our employees, while continuing to deliver excellent service to our members, are our top priorities.
Our public health emergency plan guides how we handle everything from flu season to pandemics. Under that plan, our management team is working with the different department leaders across GOFCU, to take immediate steps to help protect employees from this potential threat and prepare for further action.
What You Can Do
- Continue to utilize our convenient GOFCU mobile app, mygofcu.org website and support from representatives at 214-742-6551 for all your banking and insurance needs. We are here for you and will continue to deliver the exceptional service you expect and deserve.
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends being proactive to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for the latest information on COVID-19.
If you are sick, it is advised that you stay home to avoid potential contact with others. An alternative to visiting a branch, whether you are sick or not, is to take advantage of GOFCU's convenience services, including:
These services help you make deposits, withdrawals, schedule loan payments and a host of other account transactions, all from the comfort of home.
What We’re Doing
We’re taking the following proactive steps to ensure the continued health and safety of our employees so that we can continue to serve members. We will continue to evaluate additional measures as needed.
- We're monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. These agencies guide countries and businesses on any extra precautions to take. In the case of any widespread illness, GOFCU is well-prepared to implement plans to manage the needs of our employees and members.
- We also increased our cleaning measures in all facilities and are proactively educating and addressing questions from employees on steps they can take to protect themselves and their families.
- As a precautionary step, we have requested employees avoid nonessential travel to regions affected by the virus.