How GOFCU is Responding to Concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 20, 2020
Branch Lobby Services Temporarily Suspended. Beginning Monday, March 23rd, we will temporarily close our lobbies. Drive-thru services will be available at our Lancaster branch. To accommodate you during this process, we will have extending call center hours; Mon-Fri from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM, and Sat from 9:00 AM - Noon. As always you can access your account 24/7 thru Home Banking, Touch N GO, our GO Mobile app, and the night drop. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this process. We will get through this together.
March 12, 2020
GOFCU has been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and we want to assure you that GOFCU is prepared for a wide range of possible scenarios – focusing on the health and safety of our employees, while continuing to deliver excellent service to our members, are our top priorities.
Our public health emergency plan guides how we handle everything from flu season to pandemics. Under that plan, our management team is working with the different department leaders across GOFCU, to take immediate steps to help protect employees from this potential threat and prepare for further action.
What You Can Do
- Continue to utilize our convenient GOFCU mobile app, mygofcu.org website and support from representatives at 214-742-6551 for all your banking and insurance needs. We are here for you and will continue to deliver the exceptional service you expect and deserve.
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends being proactive to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for the latest information on COVID-19.
If you are sick, it is advised that you stay home to avoid potential contact with others. An alternative to visiting a branch, whether you are sick or not, is to take advantage of GOFCU's convenience services, including:
These services help you make deposits, withdrawals, schedule loan payments and a host of other account transactions, all from the comfort of home.
What We’re Doing
We’re taking the following proactive steps to ensure the continued health and safety of our employees so that we can continue to serve members. We will continue to evaluate additional measures as needed.
- We're monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. These agencies guide countries and businesses on any extra precautions to take. In the case of any widespread illness, GOFCU is well-prepared to implement plans to manage the needs of our employees and members.
- We also increased our cleaning measures in all facilities and are proactively educating and addressing questions from employees on steps they can take to protect themselves and their families.
- As a precautionary step, we have requested employees avoid nonessential travel to regions affected by the virus.