Become a Member
Why Choose GO Federal Credit Union?
At GO Federal Credit Union, we believe in empowering our membership. That’s why we’ve been committed to meeting the financial needs of our members since 1937. Like all credit unions, GO FCU is a not-for-profit financial institution that is owned by its members. Because we are a not-for-profit, we’re able to offer our members competitive rates on savings and investments and great deals on loans.
When you join GO FCU, you become a shareholder – which entitles you to full voting privileges and the right to benefit from our financial services. As a member, you can vote for our board of directors who are elected by the members at our annual meeting. Plus, you can take advantage of the multitude of services that we offer.
We are committed to insuring the safety and security of our members’ assets. Deposit Share Draft (checking), Savings, Share Certificates, and IRA Accounts at GO FCU are federally insured up to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund – which is the credit union version of the FDIC. This fund is backed by the full faith of the United States government.
We currently serve over 18,000 members at our three branch locations. Plus, our members can access their GO FCU accounts for free online, through Touch & GO, our automated voice response system, and at over 55,000 ATMs nationwide through the Allpoint Network.
In order to take advantage of the services offered by GO Federal Credit Union, you must be a member.
There are several ways to be eligible for membership at GO FCU:
- People who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in Dallas County are eligible for membership.
- Immediate families and households of current members can also join the credit union.
- People and their spouses who reside, work or worship regularly in the City of Dallas may join.
- Those businesses and organizations residing, working or worshiping in Dallas County are eligible.
- People who are volunteers for groups and organizations in Dallas County may join the credit union.
- Immediate families and households of eligible members can also join the credit union.
To become a member, you simply open a Share Savings Account. This account requires a minimum deposit of $25; and once you open it you are a member for life, unless the account is closed.
To open an account you will need to do the following:
- Fill out a printable membership application or apply for membership online. There is a $25 initial deposit to open your savings account and a $25 initial deposit to open your checking account (If opening a Prestige Checking Account, you will need an initial deposit of $2,500.) ChexSystems approval is also required for a checking account.
- Required ID documentation must be provided to complete the opening of your account. You will need to provide a copy of two forms of ID for you and any joint owner(s). One form needs to be a current driver's license or state issued ID with picture and the other can be one of the following: U.S. Military ID, Voter's Registration Card, Passport, Social Security Card or credit card.
- To comply with the Patriot Act, the name on the account must read exactly as stated on the ID.
- As you fill out the application, please be sure to provide complete information for you, your joint owner(s) and your beneficiary(ies). You must open your account in person at any GO Federal Credit Union office location whether you apply online or use the printable form.
Once you join GO FCU, you become a shareholder – which entitles you to full voting privileges and the right to benefit from our financial services. As a member, you can vote for our board of directors – who are elected by the members at our annual meeting. Plus, you can take advantage of the multitude of services that we offer.